Electronic Fetal Monitoring: Review Course and Certification Preparation
*This program is powered by OBIX P.O.E.T.
The EFM Review Course with Lisa A.
Miller, CNM, JD is designed for nurses, midwives, and physicians of all
experience levels who are planning to take the NCC EFM certification exam or
any credentialing exam related to electronic fetal monitoring. The program is
also a wonderful option for orientation of new clinicians, those who would like
to review core concepts in fetal monitoring, or those looking for contact hours
to maintain certification or credentialing. Detailed content provided by an
established expert in the field is enhanced by activities and exercises that
promote knowledge retention.
- Identify knowledge gaps in fetal monitoring (This is the pretest.)
- Define a common FHR terminology based on NICHD nomenclature
- List the 3 categories of EFM tracings
- Identify the physiologic mechanisms of late and variable decelerations
- Describe a variety of corrective measures (intrauterine resuscitation techniques) for FHR changes
- Discuss an evidence-based approach to interpretation and management to electronic fetal monitoring
This program has been approved for 8 contact hours by Cypher Maternal Fetal Solutions, LLC, an approved provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing - Provider Number #CEP17031. You must retain the certificate for a period of 4 years after course completion.